The renowned RWA Annual Open Exhibition returns for its 165th year with a stunning variety of work from emerging and established artists.
This dynamic and varied exhibition invites painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture, illustration and mixed media submissions and is a showcase of some of the most exciting artists from across the country and beyond. All work is for sale, making the Annual Open a perfect opportunity to discover new artists or invest in well-known names.
We are very pleased to announce that 2017’s Invited Artists will be Royal Academy President and prolific painter, printmaker and sculptor Christopher Le Brun, and photographic artist Tom Hunter, primarily known for his work documenting everyday life in Hackney, London.
This year’s of panel of selectors included Marie-Anne McQuay, Head of Programme at Bluecoat, Liverpool, writer, curator and lecturer James Russell and Joseph Clarke, director of Anima-Mundi, alongside RWA President Stewart Geddes and Academicians Stephen Jacobson, John Maine, Rachel Ara and Sara Dudman.
- a solo show at David Simon Contemporary and both in-kind and cash awards
- Two memberships of arTag, a new electronic tagging portfolio management platform for artists, collectors and archivists
- £500 worth of framing or printing, and a £250 cash prize from Niche Frames
- Your work on the front cover of Evolver magazine
- A full feature on you and your work in Evolver magazine